Thursday, December 26, 2013

Can You Get an Android Tablet Keyboard?

Android Tablet Keyboard

When I ordered my 7 inch Android tablet, I ordered a case that has a built-in keyboard to go with it.  I knew I would have trouble typing on the on-screen keyboard in Android.  I type a lot and wanted to use my Android tablet as a laptop substitute.




USB Android Tablet Keyboard

The keyboard plugs in to the USB port on the tablet.  You can set the Android tablet to use the external keyboard rather than displaying the on-screen keyboard- this saves a lot of space on the screen.  You can use the entire screen for what you are viewing, rather than having the on-screen keyboard take up half of the screen.

I would estimate that I can type more than twice as fast using the external keyboard than I can type using the Android on-screen keyboard.



Wireless Bluetooth Android Tablet Keyboard

If your tablet has Bluetooth, you can get a wireless keyboard instead of one that plugs into the USB port on your tablet.



Recommended Reading:
This article describes how I found a cheap Android tablet and added a keyboard to use it as a laptop substitute:  Find an Android Tablet for Under $100
Copyright © 2013 Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment